Is there a good way to pop a pimple?
The official party line is no, there is no reason you should ever pop a pimple. Just don’t do it.
However, we have all been there, staring at a zit that looks like it will explode if you even inhale. And even as a dermatologist, I have to admit that I will pop that pimple. It just has to be done, otherwise, you might find yourself in a meeting with pus and blood on your face when that sucker pops on its own. No one wants to be in that situation.
So for that zit looks like it’s about to explode, I will tell you the dermatologist’s way to pop a pimple.
1) Do not use your bacteria laden fingernails. Get a clean set of Q-tips instead.
2) Use the Q-tips to gently squeeze until the white comes out. THEN STOP.
3) I said, do not keep squeezing. Nothing else will come out and you will end up with a scar. Promise.
4) Take a tissue and hold pressure for a minute to stop any bleeding and oozing.
5) Dab a little bit of acne medicine on top (I prefer aczone gel, but any spot treatment will do).
That’s it! Most people run into hyperpigmentation and scarring when they just won’t let up on that sucker. But if you have self control, here’s the best way to pop a pimple.